Monday, May 10, 2010

Alternative Medicine.



It's very interesting how many false ideas I had of the world growing up. I recently found a website
http://www.quackwatch.org/ and it describes why so many practices of alternative medicine have no basis for reality. I browsed the website quickly, and I certainly didn't critically examine every claim- but that is the wonderful thing about the world today! We can carefully analyze any idea we find and come to a greater understanding of its truth. One of the saddest problems the world faces today is the lack of teaching our growing generations the simple process of critical thinking. Here is a wonderful video I came across on the subject:



Great video.

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."
-
Why People Believe Weird Things by Michael Shermer, founder and editor of Skeptic magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment